As I’ve traveled the world, I’ve fallen in love with food and all it has to offer. The different cultures that inspire unique dishes in every country, the combinations of different tastes that I would have never thought of, and the endless amount of love that is shared over a meal. There is so much beauty in food, but little do we realize that food can actually enhance our beauty too.
There are so many natural superfoods that can boost our beauty and highlight our features. There are a variety of vitamins and antioxidants in the foods provided by our Earth that benefit us in so many ways. All-natural superfoods help us have energy for the day, have beautiful skin, prevent premature aging, promote good skin health, have a source of vitamins, and so much more.
Don’t worry if you aren’t sure which foods have these super powers because we have made a list of ten. We want all of our BeachCandy family to be in the best health and beauty for this summer. Here’s a list of 10 superfoods that boost beauty:
Image by azerbaijan_stockers on Freepik
1. Goji Berries: I have been eating a couple of goji berries every morning because of how much they have to offer. I get a bag of dried berries from Sprouts and only eat a handful a day. Goji berries have been used for centuries in Eastern medicine because of their superior levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and fatty acids. Along with the vitamins, they help your healthy skin cells protect themselves from UV rays, reduce signs of aging in your skin, produce collagen, and help with dry skin.
Photo by Anne.
2. Avocados: They’re more than just the famous breakfast item, they have so much more to offer. Avocados are a great source of Vitamin A, fatty acids, Vitamin E, antioxidants, and a healthy fat. They are great for creating a balanced diet. The beneficial level of oils promotes hair growth and balanced pH levels.
Photo by Jess Loiterton.
3. Sweet Potatoes: One of my favorite foods ever, you can make them into so many different dishes. Did you know they also are high in Vitamin C, help produce collagen, and the potassium and pantothenic acids help moisturize your skin? Not only do they help your skin, but sweet potatoes also have zinc and B vitamins which promote hair growth. It also has beta carotene, and elements to reduce inflammation. And you can make French fries out of them, what better food is there than that?
Image by Racool_studio on Freepik
4. Spinach: Some people write off spinach immediately due to bad childhood memories--your mom always making you eat spinach--however, as we’ve grown up, spinach isn’t too bad after all. You can add it in smoothies, and you can’t taste the spinach at all, the best of both worlds! However, the nutrients and benefits of spinach are undeniable. The amount of Vitamin A helps protect you from the sun’s UV rays, and helps the dermal layer of your skin. There are also high levels of iron which is beneficial for anemia and prevents hair loss. As if it couldn’t get any better the biotin from spinach helps your nails and hair grow.
Image by zirconicusso on Freepik
5. Green tea: There are a multitude of anti-inflammatory and immune boosting elements in this tea. Due to the low amounts of processing, there are high amounts of antioxidants and polyphenols. These antioxidants help your skin with congestion and protects against UV rays.
Image by wirestock on Freepik
6. Blueberries: These are high in fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A and low in saturated fat and sodium. They are great for acne prone skin and will leave you with healthy skin.
Photo by samer daboul.
7. Cacao: Cacao is used to make dark chocolate which is rich in antioxidants and can improve the hydration in your skin and protects the skin from damage caused by UV rays.
Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik
8. Turmeric: This spice is great to be added in dishes and green smoothies, however, it also adds a lot to your body. It has anti inflammatory properties and improves skin health and can reduce redness.
Image by rawpixel.com on Freepik
9. Kale: It is packed with beneficial vitamins and minerals. It has high amounts of iron and properties to promote healthy nails and hair.
Image by Freepik
10. Carrots: These are rich in beta-carotene and promotes healthy skin for anti aging, and may improve your skin tone.
Beauty from Within…Superfoods
These beauty boosting superfoods are a must in your summer meals this year. Not only are they all super tasty but they supply your body with healthy vitamins and highlight your beautiful features. These superfoods are for glowing skin that is hydrated and healthy are staples in our kitchen.
Food is key for a successful and energized day and superfoods add those extra vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy, happy, and feeling great inside and out. But keep in mind the less processed the foods, the better (even if we all need a frozen meal here and there.)
Also check out our list of Top 10 Best Wellness Retreats in the World.
Written by Olivia Barger.
Join BeachCandy on our journey toward a healthier, more natural future. Also, check out our growing Organic Women's Clothing & Lifestyle Collection.